Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stir-Fry Tips

One thing we both love is a good stir-fry. Bryan especially loves them after spending two years in Thailand! I don't have a specific recipe for it because it is generally just a bunch of things thrown together but I do have some tips!


  1. My very favorite stir-fry sauce ever is "Mr. Yoshida's Original Gourmet." It can be found at Costco and select grocery stores. I was once pleasantly surprised to find it at Winco! It is the perfect sweetness. 
  2. I heat my sauce up in a sauce pan prior to pouring it into the stir-fry.If you want it to be thicker, you might add some cornstarch.
  3. When I decide to use broccoli in my stir-frys I like to steam them a little first so they are less crunchy.
  4. Nuts! We looooove nuts in our stir-frys-- particularly cashews. They add the perfect final touch to the flavoring. They should be added last of all. If you are keeping some stir-fry in the fridge for leftovers, don't add the nuts to that because they soak up all the sauce and lose their crunchiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment